MOM'S PRAYING FOR THE GENERATIONS

MOM'S PRAYING FOR THE GENERATIONS

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

PROMISE SCRIPTURES... concerning your children

 THIS IS ...
  For our children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and on....standing in the Gap...interceding for them all-that my friend; is our APPOINTMENT from God as mothers!
  My heart is being filled with the Spirit of God stirring me to PRAY like I have never prayed before. I am being drawn by God to cry out for my children; for their hearts to be His ALL the days of their lives. 
 Through the years I have seen several children who have been raised in godly homes...move on and then out of a personal walk with God and into a life of depravity and despair. In addition, mom's who feel as if they have failed as Shepherds of their little flock.
 On my face book page I messaged some friends who I know have a solid walk with the Lord. I asked them to share with me the promises God has given to them (from His Word) for their children. Allow me to share with you some of their responses. 
I do ask that you add on your prayers, your promises. 
Do you have a prayer requests....we will agree together and lift you up. 
Bear with me, I am not a computer geek---we all will do what we can to spread the word to one another to pray. 
Thank you...and Lord bless!   Daneille Snowden



  • Paula Foster Young I have to pray without ceasing, for my children anyway! Lol! I do pray, and have learned to step back and let God be God in their own lives !
    I have to trust that the Holy Spirit will truly be their guidance with encouragement from their God given parents! Destiny has been entrusted to the Holy Spirit, as she ventures out to New horizons and destinations beyond our presence. It is much prayer on my part that she will be led to make wise and Godly choices!

    • Kelly Zumbahlen  Jeremiah 29:11 God has plans for my children. Plans to prosper them and give them a future. Plans to give them hope and not harm. I know this is not word for word, but you get the idea. :) Trusting God in all situations of life is what He wants us to do. As my children draw closer and closer to that flying from the nest, I pray that they find that personal relationship with God that will be intimate and real! My children are 13,12,11 (almost), and 9 (almost). I do not pray over my kiddos at bedtime any more, but pray for them throughout the day and anytime. I pray over them in my prayer times and when they are in need. I pray for them when they are hurting and let them hear me. God is so good! 

      • Yesterday
        Linda J. Marchini    Linda J. Marchini
        • My children are all grown and out of the house. I pray many scriptures over them but the one I seem to use frequently is from the Lord's prayer---Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven. I constantly ask that God's will be done in their lives and His kingdom principles rule over them.

          • My kids are all grown. I know (I hope) I raised them as best I could. I pray for all 4 of them. Three of them I believe are either away from the Lord or walking away from Him. I pray for them seems like all day, everyday.

            • Ginger Payne Sharp Cool idea Daneille! The scripture I have prayed over my children since they were very young is Isaiah 54:13 " And your sons will be taught by the Lord and great will be your children's peace." God gave me this scripture when my children were small and when I, as a mom felt insecure about the huge responsibility of raising children who would grow to serve God. As parents. it is so important to teach our kids about God. It is even more important to teach them to recognize that God is the ultimate teacher, and that if they will learn to be taught by him, there will be no end to their peace. This is also a good scripture to claim over them as they grow and our direct influence over them diminishes. We can pray and thank God that he is teaching them even at times when we may not see obvious evidence of this.

              • Shelley Noonan Thanks Daneille! The website for moms of tweenage daughters is called B'twixt and B'tween you can find it athttp://btwixtandbtweenblog.com/wordpress We have online classes for moms and daughters going through Beautiful Girlhood starting in September!
                The best book I have found for my adult children, was given to me by my future daughter in law for mothers day. It is The Power of A Praying Parent by Stormie OMartian. The one I am going through right now is Praying for Your Adult Children. Plum full of scripture and godly wisdom. Praying the scripture for your children is powerful and effective...just like God's word.



                • 21 hours ago
                  Ann Blue Haney I plead the blood over my children daily and I believe as in Bible times it protects my children from danger. Often times I have put scriptures under their mattresses for areas I knew they were challenged in, I have anointed the doorways to their rooms at night and each and every night I give them a kiss goodnight and pray as a group. I do this know matter what their age, when my 23 year old stays the weekend, as he does.
                  • I give him a kiss goodnight and pray over him as well. When he has a life challenge he always calls mom for prayer. A laid foundation will never fall apart.
                  • God has given me direction for all my children, but probably the most important thing God has ever told me (I now understand) is this--"the prayers you prayed for me to help your child love me and accomplish my goal for his life can only be reached when I tell you it is my turn to take over the training. I love him more than you do and can lead him better than you can. You have accomplished the purpose I called you to now let me take over ". I now understand the importance of this word God gave me, even though at the time I did not think my child was ready. I have seen him grow closer to me and to God and God's will for his life. He understands now more than ever the importance of seeking God. I thank God for helping me let go and let him be in control.

                    • Ulonda Allen  As a mother of 10 children, my prayers vary in so many different ways an I believe all of Gods promises for my children, but the one most important to me is a WORD that gave me, in His word, while earnestly seeking for direction in my life is Isaiah 54:13 "and all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children". No matter where my children are in their walk with the Lord, I stand on God's Word and know that it will NOT return void but will accomplish what He says it will. My children and my husband are the very reason I exist, outside of God. I will always stand in the gap for them!!

                      • Fannie Kaveny  The one scripture I use is Jeremiah 31 16-17
                        (mom of 2 biological & 2 adopted) scripture: Jeremiah 31 16-17 "Thus saith the LORD; Refrain thy voice from weeping, and thine eyes from tears: for thy work shall be rewarded, saith the LORD; and they shall come again from the land of the enemy.

                        • Vicky McIntosh Stankus I have the book "The Power of a Praying Parent" by Stormie Omartian. I have read through it in the past, but it has sort of gone by the wayside. This conversation is motivating me to get back into it again. I do pray for my children but, lately, its only been popcorn prayers about their safety and about their walk with the Lord. These are good, but I would like to do more. I see it as vital, due to some circumstances that have arrised in the last few weeks. A blog on this topic is a great idea.

                          Sherry Kellinky  
                          I just wanted to share this scripture that someone prayed over me several years ago." For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants." Isaiah 44:3. I believe this for my children and the future generations to come. I would love for you to share this scripture. I pray this will be a encouragement to many others as well. Sherry.

4 comments:

Daneille Gray Snowden said...

FROM BETH ROBERTS (mother of 6) Hey Daneille, I love the new blog. I'm having trouble once again trying to follow. I can't even subscribe to it. I have other blogs. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. But if you could, just post this for me. My scriptures that helped me through (what I believe) my darkest hours was Isaiah 43:1-7. It speaks of God's constant protection, provision and most assuredly his precious security through whatever valley we maybe walking through. I know this doesn't speak about children directly, but I find comfort in verses 6 and 7 because He is calling back His people from all corners of the Earth. He knows them!!! And He knows our children as well and they will (I believe) return from where ever they are right now. He is so faithful!! He has done more than I could ever have imagined. I could go on and on about the goodness of our Lord....

Love to all, Beth
Blessed 2 Be Home

Daneille Gray Snowden said...

Talk to several via phone, internet and in person who has read this blog. God is moving in mother's heart.
Presently, I am writing with a very serious need. So typical when you take a step of faith and minister on a particular subject then it seems suddenly...the attack comes.
I need prayer for one of my children even at this early hour. Quite serious and would have never in my entire life would have DREAMED my dh and I would be in this place. Struggle right now...to be quite honest: we need a major miracle!

Daneille Gray Snowden said...

Fannie Kaveny
There a time that come that we must let God have our kids and that our kids have to decide that day whom they will serve...we all pray and hope that they will pick the path we have taught them but what happens when they do not....do we stand on Gods promises or do we get hurt in return and act as they do...we must stand firm, pray , and trust God 100% with our kids ...no matter what we see ...we have his promises that if we follow His commandments he will reward our heritage.... OUR KIDS WILL FOLLOW CHRIST AND SATAN CAN NOT HAVE THEM......

Anonymous said...

Praying for God to give me a scripture for each of my 4 adult children, 21, 24, 26 and ,28. They were raised in church and they all walked away from God after their father left us 8 years ago. Battling horrible drugs and alcohol.