MOM'S PRAYING FOR THE GENERATIONS

MOM'S PRAYING FOR THE GENERATIONS

Thursday, June 26, 2014

BUILDING A PRAYER WALL

BUILDING A PRAYER WALL

"I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence," Is. 62:6

   I was recently chatting with a strong woman of God, who I know has a powerful prayer life. She shared with me how she has a prayer wall (in her case it's on her door). Like me, she is a visual learner, I do better when I see something. Personally, I have a little prayer wall in my bedroom. As my husband and I pray, we glance on this wall and pray over those needs. There is something impactful though; when you see the face, map, picture and scripture that represents a prayer need. There is a focal point where we as intercessors can fully concert our prayers on. 
I asked Sheila Campbell to share her story and heart about prayer as well as her prayer wall. 
------
I started writing a lot of "spiritual" and "awesome" words about intercession and prayer and such, but decided I would just make it simple for now.

I have the prayer door/wall because I forget. 


This area is a very small passage way between the kitchen and dining room. We have to pass through this area to get around the house and out the back door. It is the door to the basement so when I go down to do laundry I have to use that door. So, therefore, I cannot forget unless I go through it with my eyes closed. 

This area keeps me thinking about God and about souls. I see maps of areas God has put on my heart to pray for. I see pictures and words that remind me of why I placed these on this door. I would rather not know what is going on in the world, but since I do... I have an obligation to pray for His kingdom to come and will to be done. I feel like a receiver, that if I don't pray then something that God wants to do will not happen according to His will and in His timing. I believe that God puts it on peoples hearts to pray so that He can do something. 

I have had God speak to me about how, why and what fors and have read later that He has spoken it to others as well. God wants to "Totally Transform America" with Revival in the churches and place an Awakening in hearts far from Him. I have to believe that my prayers "accomplish much" for the kingdom. Plus, it makes me bolder when I talk with people about God. I also know that God has moved over this land and has found many faithful and has called many to intercede for this nation and for His people around the world.

Also a few years ago I woke up with the words "There is power in fear."  I decided then, I would not allow fear to have any power over me or my country. I decided that if I get fear in me I would pray until it was gone. God is love and that perfect love gets rid of fear. Fear is a spirit of the devil and he uses it to freeze people up from accomplishing anything for the Kingdom. I have to believe because the Word says that; "fervent prayer accomplishes much."
 I could go on and on and say more.
God answer the prayers of His people. Amen!
Sheila 
Left: Sheila Campbell with sister Kathy Burton


IDEAS FOR PRAYER WALLS


At Solid Grounds Coffee Shop- Newton, IL Wendy Helm (owner) said; "Had a customer come in and ask why I didn't have a prayer board.. I said "I don't know, but I will have!" So I went to the back and got this out and put the Bling, Prayer Board on it.. was up that same day! now it's by the door.. every time I see it, I pray for all the needs.. it's been a big conversation piece and comfort for many.."

From Jon Yoder
Joshua Harris & wife at his church's prayer wall. LINK

Pastor's Don & Angela Jefferies of Shelbyville, IL Assembly of God
Their person prayer wall at home.

Our prayer wall in our foyer at New Life Christian Center. 

WHAT'S ON THE WALL?

*Salvation Requests        *Physical Healing Requests     *Emotional Healing Requests 
*Families                        *Children                                *Marriages
*Financial Needs            *Deliverance's from bondage's  *Material Needs / Desires (as God Wills)
*Revival in the Body of Christ   *Persecuted Church       * Missions & Missionaries (in Home Country & Foreign)                          *Peace of Israel/Salvation       *Vision from God /Wisdom /Direction 
-PLACE:  MAPS / PICTURES / DIAGRAMS /SCRIPTURES on your walls. 
--------
From Sarah Hanks Teaching Your Kids How To Pray
INCLUDE ALSO  :  
*Praise/Answered Prayers 

_______________________________________________________________

Voice of the Martyrs On-Line Prayer Wall - Click

Praying For the Nations Scriptures Link  - Click







12 Bible Verses to Show How Jesus Prayed - Click



Banner drawn by Rev. Paul Frank Gray
Luke 21:36 " Keep awake then and watch at all times [be discreet, attentive, and ready], praying that you may have the full strength and ability and be accounted worthy to escape all these things [taken together] that will take place, and to stand in the presence of the Son of Man."




1 comment:

Victoria Stankus said...

Great ideas, especially for those of us who need visual reminders! Thanks for sharing!